Boarding the Bus:
- Be ready and waiting at the bus stop.
- DO NOT stand in the road while waiting for the bus.
- Look both ways before crossing the street or highway and cross only after signaled to do so by the bus driver.
- Let the bus come to a complete stop before boarding.
- Never walk between parked buses when loading at the school.
- DO NOT push, crowd or horseplay when boarding the bus.
Conduct on the Bus:
- Take your seat as soon as you get on the bus.
- Take the seat assigned by the driver if one has been assigned.
- Assist in keeping the bus safe and sanitary at all times.
- Refrain from fighting and throwing or snatching caps, books, lunch boxes and other items.
- Throwing things inside the bus or out the windows is not permitted.
- Eating or drinking is permitted only with the driver’s permission.
- Cell Phone usage is prohibited on the bus.
- DO NOT extend heads, hands or arms out the bus windows.
- Treat bus equipment carefully and never tamper with the bus in any way. Damage to seats or any other part of the bus, interior or exterior, must be paid for by the offender.
- Remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Refrain from unnecessary conversation with the driver.
- Loud talking and horseplay divert the driver’s attention. Please refrain from this.
- Remain in the bus during an emergency unless directed by the driver or patrol officer to do otherwise
- Always be aware of how to get off the bus in an emergency.
- Emergency doors and exits are to be used only in case of emergency.
- Books and personal belongings should be kept out of the aisles.
- DO NOT be rude or abusive to people passed on the route.
Unloading or Leaving the Bus:
- Remain seated until the bus is completely stopped
- Please do not crowd, push or horseplay when leaving the bus.
- When it is necessary to cross the road after leaving the bus, go to the front of the bus and wait for the driver’s signal to cross. Never cross the road behind the bus.
- Please always be alert!