Oskaloosa Virtual Program
Virtual Program Families,
Welcome back to school! I hope each of you enjoyed a restful, joyful, and safe holiday break. This rest will be needed as we enter the long, cold months of winter. Some things to be aware of this month.
1) If Oskaloosa Schools are delayed, closed early, or have no school due to weather, this is also true for the virtual program. This means that although students should continue working on the online courseware they will NOT attend zoom meetings with the virtual learning coordinator or other school staff during the time of school closure. If the 'snow day' is determined to occur online district wide, you will be notified that zoom sessions will take place. Please, be watching for email notifications from the district and virtual learning coordinator.
2) FastBridge screening window for the winter test administration is January 19-29. The Department of Education (DE) has given us further guidance that this test must be proctored by a licensed teacher for all students included those learning virtually in math and reading for students in grades K to 8. The elementary and middle school virtual learning coordinators will be contacting impacted families via email with details on how this will work. Please send any questions to the virtual learning coordinator that will be completing the testing with your student(s). Again, this is a state required assessments. Additionally, any interventions needed based on the screening process are also required by the state. The purpose in the screening process is to check on student progress throughout the year, identify any learning gaps, and address those gaps proactively through targeted interventions.
3) The halfway point for trimester 2 is January 15. Please continue to encourage your student to work hard on coursework, stay on pace, and do their best. The end of the trimester will be here before we know it.
Also, the Department of Education put out a new resource for families and virtual learning. You can check out this resource on their webpage. US Department of Ed digital family resources.
Have a wonderful January,
Oskaloosa Virtual Program Staff
Edmentum Support Information
If you or your student are working in the Edmentum courseware and you are having issues you can go to https://status.edmentum.com/ for the latest information and status update. You can also contact technical support for personalized help from the company. Edmentum and Calvert Learning are committed to supporting Oskaloosa families as we make the transition to their system. Their phone number for call-in support is 800-447-5286 and the email is email@example.com.
Important Login Information for Calvert (K - 5) Users
ALL (parents/students/teachers/coaches/admins) use the same link to login: https://edm.geniussis.com/.
- When you click ‘Logout’ when in a course, it will take you back to the Calvert Learning login page (https://login.calvertlearning.com/).
- Logins will NOT work from this page.
- This is a known issue that they are trying to find a resolution for but there are some customers who still use that login page so they can’t redirect all traffic to the Genius login page.
The Oskaloosa School District is making school breakfast and lunch available to virtual program students!
The Application Window to the Virtual Program from Face to Face for Trimester 2 is Now CLOSED
- If you have extenuating circumstances that you believe would necessitate a move into the Virtual Program during 1st trimester please contact the building principal.
- Sarah McGlothlen for OES: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Scholes for OMS: email@example.com
- Stacy Bandy for OHS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Returning to Face-to-Face Instruction Prior to the beginning of the Trimester? Contact the building principal