The 52577 Scholarship Committee is now accepting applications.
The 52577 Scholarship has been established and funded primarily by Alumni of Oskaloosa High School and is intended to support selected OHS graduating seniors with plans to continue their education in the United States.
The award will benefit Oskaloosa High School graduating seniors with plans to continue their education in the U.S. with a scholarship to be paid out over the next four years.
The ideal candidate(s) for this scholarship opportunity exemplify the qualities of leadership and character through academic achievement and active participation in school and community activities. An applicant’s financial need may or may not be taken into consideration by the selection committee.
Eligibility will be determined based on the following criteria:
- The applicant has applied to and/or been accepted to a school of higher education. Examples include community colleges, traditional 4 year public or private colleges or universities, or Trade schools.
- The applicant has a minimum grade point average of 3.0 and has submitted the following:
- Oskaloosa Senior High School Scholarship Application Form
- Official OHS transcript (with S.A.T. or A.C.T. scores, if applicable).
- Character and Leadership form.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least 1 of those from outside OHS.
- A typed, one-page essay discussing your future goals and the financial importance of this scholarship award for achieving those goals.
The following criteria will be prioritized by the selection committee in choosing recipients of the award:
- Initiative and future goals
- Academic excellence
- Citizenship and character
- Active participation in school and community activities
- Quality of the essay
Applicants must complete the required forms and submit their application packet to the OHS Counselor’s Office on or before March 20, 2023.
All scholarship requirements and application materials can be viewed and downloaded at https://tinyurl.com/3umpzzpw.