There are a number of businesses and organizations across our community that help support the fine and noble work our teaching staff put forth each and every day. As a way to thank our community partners in Oskaloosa, multiple teachers in the school district have signed up to spend part of their day volunteering at various businesses and organizations throughout town to complete service projects and tasks designed by each business or organization.
There are three different volunteer sessions that have been organized by the school district on this day, each session consisting of an hour and a half in length. Those sessions are from 10:00-11:30am, 11:30-1:00pm, and 1:00-2:30pm. Teachers will be partnering with William Penn University students and Oskaloosa High School National Honor Society students on this day as well in order to help complete the various service projects and tasks that our community businesses and organizations have identified.
Businesses and organizations where service projects will take place at on January 17 include:
- Hy-Vee: 110 S D St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Fareway: 311 3rd Ave W, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Mahaska Drug: 205 N E St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- YMCA Webster Building: 508 S 7th St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- YMCA Fitness Center: 414 N 3rd St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Mahaska County 4-H Foundation: 212 N I St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Busy Bees Daycare: 604 N B Street, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Crisis Intervention Services: 500 High Ave W, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- William Penn University (Atkins Memorial Union): R Avenue West, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Friends Church: 912 N C St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Love, INC.: 200 High Avenue West (Old Goodwill Store), Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Ecumenical Cupboard: 205 S D St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- George Daily Auditorium: 1800 N 3rd St, Oskaloosa, IA 52577