Students day begins at 8:10 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m.
Oskaloosa Elementary School uses the LobbyGuard visitor management system
This system will provide another layer of security for our students, staff, and visitors. Over the last three years OCSD has worked with local law enforcement and emergency management to evaluate and improve school safety and security. Implementation of the new LobbyGuard system is a direct result of that collaboration.
The LobbyGuard system will allow OES to screen visitors, contractors, and volunteers requesting access to our school against national databases. This will allow us to provide a safer environment.
As a guest in our building here is what you can expect beginning January 2, 2020.
- Upon being allowed through our exterior doors, ALL visitors will report directly to the office and present a photo ID such as a driver's license or passport.
- Your ID will be scanned or manually entered into the LobbyGuard system in the main office. Once cleared, you will receive a printed badge with your photo on it. You will then be directed to the appropriate location.
- The visitors badge must be worn in a visible location the entire time you are in the building.
- While in the building, you are only approved to go to the specific locations requested. You are not to go to any other areas of the building without returning to the main office for approval.
- When you leave the building, please return to the main office to turn in your badge and scan out.
What if I am picking up my child early?
- Visitors will be asked to present a photo ID or passport.
- Your ID will either be scanned or manually entered.
- Once cleared, your child will be called down to the main office or you will be issued a badge to pick them up in the nurses' office if they are ill.
- If issued a badge, you must return to the main office to sign out.
What if I'm just dropping off something for my child at the office?
- If you are just dropping off an item at school, and are not entering any other parts of the school, you may just drop off the item in our office and leave. You will not need to scan your ID.
Questions regarding these safety procedures should be directed to the OES main office at 641-673-8092.